ZeroTwo

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MY HANDPHONES AND MY STORIES WITH THEM

MGT 417
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN BUSINESS ARTICLES BLOG ASSIGNMENT (DIS 2010-APR 2011)
FOR: SIR MOHD HARUN BIN SHAHUDIN
ARTICLE TWO: MY HANDPHONES AND MY STORIES WITH THEM

ASSALAMUALAIKUM W.B.T

Bring your mind and memories to the past century. The item based on picture above actually was invented by Alexander Graham Bell. Did you know what it is? By just saying his name I believed majority of people would know it was a telephone!?
Telephone is used for communicate between one person to another at either an eye of sight distance or long distance. Telephones are different with mobile phones. Mobile phones are wireless, portable and lightweight while telephones are vice versa.
Below is an article and facts from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone  about mobile phones.
Mobile phone
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"Cell Phone" redirects here. For the film, see Cell Phone (film).
"Handphone" redirects here. For the film, see Handphone (film).
Motorola L7 mobile phone
A mobile phone (also called mobile, cellular telephone, or cell phone) is an electronic device used to make mobile telephone calls across a wide geographic area. Mobile phones differ from cordless telephones, which only offer telephone service within a limited range of a fixed land line, for example within a home or an office.
A mobile phone can make and receive telephone calls to and from the public telephone network which includes other mobiles and fixed-line phones across the world. It does this by connecting to a cellular network owned by a mobile network operator.
In addition to being a telephone, modern mobile phones also support many additional services, and accessories, such as SMS (or text) messages, e-mail, Internet access, gaming, Bluetooth and infrared short range wireless communication, camera, MMS messaging, MP3 player, radio and GPS. Low-end mobile phones are often referred to as feature phones, whereas high-end mobile phones that offer more advanced computing ability are referred to as smartphones.
The first handheld mobile phone was demonstrated by Dr. Martin Cooper of Motorola in 1973, using a handset weighing 2 kg.[1] In 1983, the DynaTAC 8000x was the first to be commercially available. In the twenty years from 1990 to 2010, worldwide mobile phone subscriptions grew from 12.4 million to over 4.6 billion, penetrating the developing economies and reaching the bottom of the economic pyramid.[2][3]


Click this link http://www.mobilegazette.com/ if you want to know information about you mobile phones. This website provided useful information with various types of brand. You can visit this website before you go buy your new mobile phone. Hehe.
Okay, now stop with the facts.
Everyone must have their own FIRST MOBILE PHONE in this millennium age and already become priority to almost all people and each mobile phone used must have their own story and memories with their owner. I also had my own stories that I want to share with all of you. Let’s starts my stories with my first mobile phone.

THE FIRST [01]
Nickname: *Not given
Nokia 2300 
  Phone book with up to 250 names on SIM card and up to 50 in internal memory
  FM radio and antenna headset
  Internal handsfree speaker
  Navi™ key with 4-way scroll for easy messaging and gaming
  Polyphonic ringing tones (built-in)
  In-call timer        
  SMS counter
  Junk SMS and call screening
  Shortcut to favourite menu
  Timed profile
  Ringing tones selectable for SMS alert, alarm clock, and reminder alert
  Calculator with improved ease-of-use
  Radio as alarm clock
  3 built-in games

Nokia 2300, this is my first mobile phone that my father gave me as a present at early of the year 2006. At that time, I was in age of 15 years old or Form 3 at SMK Bandar Tasik Selatan. I don’t know why he gave me, maybe he knew that I’m ready to socialize with people. Haha. My first phone number is 0169986600, cool isn’t? Hehe. Sadly I didn’t use this number anymore. My first number and my first mobile phone started to change my life. First two phone numbers definitely would be my parent’s phone number. On the next morning after I received my mobile phone from my father, I went to school with fast-beating heart shown that how excited I am to ask my friends’ phone numbers. I can’t list my friends name here because there are so many names. During that time, I had many fine friends. At that time most communication in my first mobile phones, I credited to my best friends, Mohd Aliff Talha and Mohd Shafiq at that time. These guys bring colors in my life in my first mobile phone. Also I credited to Nurul Akmar, my first “Cinta Monyet” and it shall be the last!! Thank you for inspired me for work hard and study smart, you are my benchmark in academic at that time, I should not forget it. It is not that I didn’t appreciate others, it’s just that they were most who socialized with me. Thank you all for those who had communicated with me at that time. SMK Bandar Tasik Selatan friends.
(Due to Nokia 2300 design looks like “girly” design, I changed my phone casing almost looks as shown in image above. I ordered special design because there are some minor error keypad misplace)



THE SECOND [02]
Nickname: Itachi


Sony Ericsson J300i
Available in1st March 2005

Sony Ericsson J300 / J300i / J300a / J300c
at a glance
Available:
Q2 2005
Network:
Dual-band GSM
Data:
GPRS
Screen:
128x128 pixels, 65,000 colours
Camera:
No
Size:
Compact candy bar
99x43x18mm / weight TBA
Bluetooth:
No
Infra-red:
No
Polyphonic:
Yes
Java:
Yes
Battery life:
Not specified

Sony Ericsson J300i, my second phone. Due to fast pace of technology in millennium age, you just won’t last. I started to use this mobile phone during at the end of 2006, when I was in Form 3. During that time, people started to use mobile phones with colored screen. I don’t want to be like a tortoise in the air, very slow when in fast wind of technologies, haha. Hmm, nothing interesting things happen when I used this mobile phone, it’s just that my message with my beloved one (hahaha owh shut up=.=) became more interesting with colorful with animated smiley and cool picture messages.

The Third [03]
Nickname: Kira (Death Note)

Sony Ericsson K618i

Available now
13th August 2006


 Sony Ericsson K618i at a glance
Available:
Q3 2006
Network:
GSM 900/1800/1900 + UMTS 2100
Data:
GPRS + UMTS (3G)
Screen:
176x220 pixels, 262k colors
Camera:
2 megapixels
Size:
Compact candy bar
102x45x17mm / 89 grams
Bluetooth:
Yes
Memory card:
Memory Stick Micro
Infra-red:
No
Polyphonic:
Yes
Java:
Yes
Battery life:
Not specified

Sony Ericsson K618i, my third mobile phone. Mine was black version. I used it at the middle of year 2007, when I was in Form 4. At that time mobile phone industry competition is increasing drastically with high paradigm jump with new extravaganza design such as high megapixels camera, 3G video call etc. I repeated, I don’t like to be a tortoise in the air, and slow when fast wind blow in mobile technology. Haha. Very slow in the fast pace of mobile phone technology. This was the only phone that I bought using my own pocket money that  I received from my uncle for getting 4A’s (=.=) in PMR(RM400) and additional (RM300) from my piggy bank (Not Piggy actually,hmm,Tabung in English apa?haha) neither a gift nor my parent buy for me . I’m very excited that time. Download games, taking pictures with friends, listening to music. Many pictures and memories that I’ve sealed in this phone. At middle of the year 2009 before I entered to UiTM Arau, Perlis, worst part was took its place in my mobile phones history when my mobile phone fell and smashed to the ground from my bed, (My bed was double deck, and I slept upstairs) and after the fifth times fells, my phone broke, and cannot be used. Better technologies means more fragile, I could not agree more. During that time my love story(erk) starts to fall into the darkness, she have another guy? I don’t understand. I’m clueless and speechless. The best part is I founded it by myself (=.=). I’ve became anti-female, hate those who always blame that guys are bad, like to dumping girls but what about nice guys that been dumped by girls itself just like many of my friends? Let’s just be fair okay? Don’t just blame others. I lost trust, breeds hate, like 10,000 fire arrows struck to my heart, dark sword forge by fire itself slashed my heart 100 times. I stopped to read psychological books about woman. Luckily, I’ve got one thing in my heart that clean my wounds, cooled up the dark sword, sealed back my heart, and it is Faith to Islam. I’m just want to be friends and until 25 years old, have my own car, house and jobs then I will marry. That is my mission. EH! Looks like I’m already off topic but it’s okay, this is my blog not yours! =) Conclusion, this mobile phone have my memories of showing me the way of ‘Redha’, realized that don’t focus on the moon (Lover), but remember, the stars around the moon is scattered in the sky and they are also prepared to shine us when in dark and they are actually bigger than the moon (Our Family and Friends). My most nostalgic mobile phone, K618i, as darkness guided me. Haha



The Fourth [04]
Nickname: Excalibur



Nokia N90

Available now
17th April 2005

The Nokia N90 is one of a new high-end range of Nokia handsets that combine more advanced technologies than you would normally expect from a Nokia.
The screen and camera twist around into a variety of configurations, and photographs can be taken with either the internal or external screen as a viewfinder. As you might expect the Nokia N90 also captures video clips (up to 352x288 pixels) and the camera and screen can be contorted to make video calls.
Nokia N90 at a glance
Available:
Q2 2005
Network:
UMTS (3G) + Tri-band GSM
Data:
UMTS (3G) + GPRS
Screen:
352x416 pixels, 262,000 colors (main)
128x128 pixels, 65,000 colors (sub)
Camera:
2 megapixels
Size:
Large clamshell
112x51x24mm / 173 grams
Bluetooth:
Yes
Infra-red:
No
Polyphonic:
Yes
Java:
Yes
Battery life:
3 hours talk / 12 days standby
OS:
Symbian Series 60


Nokia N90, my fourth mobile phone. I received invitation to treat to make offer to UiTM Arau, Perlis. As my “Kira” already took its place in my chain memories, my father give me other mobile phone, its name is Excalibur! After used this mobile phone, I started to meet new friends at UiTM Arau, Perlis. I founded Light of Wisdom, Light of Hope. Most of all, this phone already became more iconic with me. When my friends see this phone they will remember me because at UiTM Arau, Perlis they used to saw me snapping pictures of scenery, and they told me that I looked like “POYO!?” (Malay language to synonym it with arrogant person but actually not) It already stated in the manual book on how to use N90 camera that you must twist around your phone (just like image above) or did they jealous with me? AHAHA! Then how am I supposed to take pictures!? I met colorful and wonderful friends while at UiTM Arau, Perlis. Kempas College resident, Nyatoh College resident, Damak College resident, Non-Resident student, ALL UiTM Arau, Perlis friends, and DotA players=)
*Interesting fact! I used to took pictures in the hotel room, randomly and purposely, then after I checked my album, I saw this white shadow ghost was flew to me but I didn’t realized! Yeah! Awesome experience! Next day I deleted the picture and that night I was ill from hot fever.
[Credits to Excalibur’s New Friends at UiTM Arau,Perlis]
-Abdul Basit (Caprice)
His Blog: http://basithyusof.blogspot.com/
-Abang Ilham (Ex-President Diploma Business Studies)
-Afiq Roslan (Bean/DotA Player)
-Aiman (Egg/DotA Player)
-Aiman Jauhari
-Akid Akasyah (DotA Player)
-Azizi (Part 1 roomate)
-A.Hafizat (Muhamad Amirul Hafizat, Koreaholic,haha)
His Blog: http://amirulhafizat.blogspot.com/
-Faitimi
-Faqih ‘Izat (Pokemon Gamer)
-Farha Diana (First girl as friend at Arau)
Her Blog: http://ceritafarhadiana.blogspot.com/
-Fikri Che Sakri (First DBS Friend)
His Blog: http://fikrichesakri.blogspot.com/
-Hasnan
-Hazeem
-Hilal (My roommate)
-Ieyla Padzil
-Ilias Ismail (Sahol Hamid’s nephew)
-Kak Aena (Ex-Secretary Diploma Business Studies)
-Kak Faten
-Kak Iqa (Same school with her but met at Arau)
-Kecik (Nazrin)
-Meor (First Friend at Arau)
-Myra (Cheq Myra/Nurul Amira Mat Isa)
Her Blog: http://achekmyra.blogspot.com/
-Nana
-Naz
-Nur Atiqah Ismail
-Putra (DotA Player)
-Ros Syazwani
Her Blog: http://sukmarizky.blogspot.com/
-Sol Fifi
Her Blog:
-UB (Afiq Nordin / DotA Player)
-Zaim
-Zarrief Syamim (DotA Player)
-Noramirah Hamdan


The Fifth [05]
Nickname: ZeroTwo [02]


Nokia 6500 Slide

Expected Q3 2007 
31st May 2007


Nokia 6500 Slide at a glance
Available:
Q3 2007
Network:
GSM 850/900/1800/1900
UMTS 850/2100
Data:
GPRS + EDGE + UMTS (3G)
Screen:
240x320 pixels, 16m colours
Camera:
3.2 megapixels
Size:
Large slider
97 x 47 x 16mm / 125 grams
Bluetooth:
Yes
Memory card:
microSD
Infra-red:
No
Polyphonic:
Yes
Java:
Yes
Battery life:
6 hours talk / 13 days standby

Nokia 6500 Slide, my fifth mobile phone and currently using it now. I started to use it almost at the end of semester when I was part 3 in Diploma Business Studies at UiTM Arau, Perlis because my Nokia N90 camera suddenly cannot be used. As I was prepared to go to fast track at UiTM Malacca City Campus, I’m asked my mother to give me a new phone (HAHA!). For at least I can took some scenery pictures at UiTM Arau,Perlis as history that will always be permanent in my heart. As I became more matured in this few years (Ecewah!), I realized that now it’s time to repay my parent’s deed but at the same time I don’t have money and I need a new phone to take memorable pictures. So I make a decision to use my mother’s old mobile phone (Nokia 6500 Slide), and she used Blackberry Bold as she is a bank manager now, need to always on9. So far, nothing interesting event when I using this mobile phone. I’m glad that I have mother that will give me what I want, IPad? IPhone 4? Alienware laptop? But I have a father that always motivates me to don’t always waste money, be humble, wait until the price of product to decrease and so on, because he used to live in poor condition and now a proud and successful father. Thank you papa! My highest Love to Mama and my highest Respect to Papa. Love you both! Now, Malacca will be a place where I will create a wonderful life and hope when I using this mobile phone I will snap photos of memorable experience.
[Credits to ZeroTwo [02]’s New Friends at UiTM Kampus Bandaraya Melaka]
-Muhammad Afiq Azmi (DotA Player / CODO!)
-Azfar Arshad (Housemate)
-Hidayah Hong Ki (Classmate)
Her Blog: http://hidayahhassan501.blogspot.com/
-Helmi (Housemate / Roomate)
-Ikhmal Zulkifli (Housemate and roommate. Same UiTM from Arau, Perlis but met here at Malacca)
His Blog: http://mystorystartshere-ikhmal.blogspot.com/
-Syahmi Mazlan (DotA Player)


From light of happiness i came,

To darkness of shadow i went.

From darkness i'm out from sad and shame,

To future i write my life with my new pen.
 (Amirulhakeem, February 2011)

Nokia 2300 (light) > J300i (light) > K618i (darkness) > N90 (new light) > Nokia 6500 Slide (Colorful)

No comments:

Post a Comment